What Personal Information About Customers Does Agile Mind Gather? The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your learning experience at Agile Mind. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store information, like, for example, your experience with problem-solving, based on what you choose to enter on our Web site. Users can choose not to provide certain information, but then you would not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, reporting performance to teachers and students, and communicating with you.
- Information from Other Sources: We receive information about you such as your enrollment in a class only from educators or student administrators.
What About Cookies?
- Although cookies have broader use on the Internet, our cookie use is limited to maintaining your login record during the period of a single session.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, disabling cookies will make it impossible for your Agile Mind services to operate.
Does Agile Mind Share the Information It Receives? Information about our users is an important part of our service to you. It is against our policy to share information about you with any entity outside of Agile Mind other than as described below.
- Students and District Personnel: Students have access to their own data. Teachers and other district employees have access to data within their scope of influence. Information is not shared between districts.
- Researchers: We will, on an anonymous basis, share data with researchers whose work is dedicated to improving educational outcomes.
- Agents: We employ other entities and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to no sensitive personal information of any kind.
- Protection of Agile Mind and Others: We would release account and other information when required to comply with the law; enforce or apply our CONDITIONS OF USE and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Agile Mind, our users, or others.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
- Agile Mind gives you access to general information about Agile Mind services. If you are a student, you can access all of the individual information about your work for the course or courses in which you are participating. If you are a teacher, you can access information about your students. If you are a principal, you can access information about student and teacher work for the courses in use at your school; if you are an administrator, you can access information about student, teacher, and principal work for the courses in use in your district.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to Agile Mind, a service of Agile Mind, Inc. Agile Mind provides its services to you subject to the following conditions. If you make use of Agile Mind services, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
When you visit Agile Mind or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Agile Mind or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Agile Mind and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Agile Mind or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Agile Mind is a registered trademark of Agile Mind, Inc., in the United States and other countries. This and other Agile Mind graphics and content may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Agile Mind’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Agile Mind or the students or teachers who use our services. All other trademarks not owned by Agile Mind that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Agile Mind.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Agile Mind grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Agile Mind. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Agile Mind. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Agile Mind so long as the link does not portray Agile Mind, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Users may post reviews and comments, and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Agile Mind reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Agile Mind a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Agile Mind and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Agile Mind or its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply. Agile Mind has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Agile Mind takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY AGILE MIND ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. AGILE MIND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, AGILE MIND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AGILE MIND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM AGILE MIND ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. AGILE MIND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting Agile Mind, you agree that the laws of the state of Delaware, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these CONDITIONS OF USE and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Agile Mind.